Thursday, October 29, 2020

984. Abattoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus

Abattoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus
Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds
2004











Tracks
Abattoir Blues:

1. Get Ready For Love
2. Cannibal's Hymn
3. Hiding All Away
4. Messiah Ward
5. There She Goes, My Beautiful World
6. Nature Boy
7. Abbatoir Blues
8. Let The Bells Ring
9. Fable Of The Brown Ape

The Lyre of Orpheus:

1. The Lyre Of Orpheus
2. Breathless
3. Babe, You Turn Me On
4. Easy Money
5. Supernaturally
6. Spell
7. Carry Me
8. O Children

Even if I was inclined to dislike Nick Cave, I would have to love this album for containing the Harry/Hermione anthem we are all familiar with. However....

We can extrapolate from the 500th anniversary of Nearly Headless Nick's death day (which took place in 1492) that the events of Harry Potter take place in the 90s...meaning this song shouldn't have been playing on the radio. I know, I'm as shocked as you are. This is only one of 64 issues I have with the Deathly Hallow movies.

Ahem, but I guess I'll save my Harry Potter movie angst for my therapy sessions.

In any case, Nick Cave is amazing, and this album is excellent. Every track was essential and contributed to the tone and mood. Often, double albums have many skippable tracks, but that was certainly not the case here.

So the last Nick Cave album on the List and this goodbye is hitting me hard. Thank you, Nick, for all the wonderful music. May I borrow your Time Turner?

RATING: 5/5


1 comment: