Tuesday, October 20, 2020

908. Red Dirt Girl

Red Dirt Girl
Emmylou Harris
2000



Tracks
1. Pearl
2. Michelangelo
3. I Don't Wanna Talk About It Now
4. Tragedy
5. Red Dirt Girl
6. My Baby Needs a Shepherd
7. Bang the Drum Slowly
8. J'Ai Fait Tout
9. One Big Love
10. Hour of Gold
11. My Antonia
12. Boy From Tupelo

Country is fairly underrepresented on this List. It's not my favorite genre, but it's still strange considering the amount of "essential" heavy metal albums on the List. Surely country music is a little more accessible than metal to the average listener. Anyway, I do like country folk, so I quite enjoyed this.

I was not suitably prepared for how devastating "Bang the Drum Slowly" was going to be, so thank you Emmylou, for that heartbreak. She has a really beautiful voice. I love it when vocalists perform songs they've written. You can really feel that extra connection with the words being sung.

A great album, especially in comparison with what is coming.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment