Thursday, October 22, 2020

927. Since I Left You

Since I Left You
The Avalanches
2000
















Tracks
1. Since I Left You
2. Stay Another Season
3. Radio
4. Two Hearts In 3/4 Time
5. Avalanche Rock
6. Flight Tonight
7. Close To You
8. Diners Only
9. A Different Feeling
10. Electricity
11. Tonight
12. Pablo's Cruise
13. Frontier Psychiatrist
14. Etoh
15. Summer Crane
16. Little Journey
17. Live At Dominoes
18. Extra Kings

So this is apparently an example of plunderphonics, which is a genre of music constructed through sampling and remixing. Which would be much more interesting in a club setting, but we must reconcile ourselves with the fact that it's apocalypse now. 

But ahem, moving onto the album. It was impressive the range of sampling that took place, but I still wasn't blown away. I guess any kind of collage album is going to suffer from a lack of cohesion. 

Still pretty good, but perhaps not greater than the sum of its parts.

RATING: 3/5


No comments:

Post a Comment