Tuesday, October 27, 2020

965. Permission to Land

Permission to Land
Darkness
2003



















Tracks
1. Black Shuck
2. Get Your Hands Off My Woman
3. Growing On Me
4. I Believe In A Thing Called Love
5. Love Is Only A Feeling
6. Givin' Up
7. Stuck In A Rut
8. Friday Night
9. Love On The Rocks With No Ice
10. Holding My Own
11. Makin' Out

Well, this came as somewhat of a surprise. I actually enjoyed a glam metal album, which is a genre I thought I was incapable of appreciating. I mean, it wasn't my favorite album, but I wasn't tempted to bang my head against the wall like I normally am with a metal album.

I definitely wouldn't make the argument that this is a masterpiece, but it is entertaining and pretty retro, although I enjoyed it more than I enjoyed listening to the bands they are paying tribute to. They had really good hooks, and 38 minutes wasn't long enough for the vocals to grate.

Not essential listening, but fun nonetheless.

RATING: 3/5




No comments:

Post a Comment