Tuesday, October 27, 2020

966. Elephant

Elephant
The White Stripes
2003










Tracks
1. Seven Nation Army
2. Black Math
3. There's No Home For You Here
4. I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself
5. In The Cold Cold Night
6. I Want To Be The Boy To Warm Your Mother's Heart
7. You've Got Her In Your Pocket
8. Ball And Biscuit
9. Hardest Button To Button
10. Little Acorns
11. Hypnotise
12. Air Near My Fingers
13. Girl You Have No Faith In Medicine
14. Well It's True That We Love One Another

I am going to dress up as Meg White this Halloween, by which I mean I will be wearing a red t-shirt. But I relate to Meg White; I also strive to be a loud introvert.

Jack and Meg White have such an interesting dynamic, and it's that push-pull relationship that makes their music so fascinating to listen to. None of the recording equipment used in this album was newer than 1963. This makes for a very rich sound that still manages to be modern.

We have one more White Stripes album to go, and it's the last album on the List. So in a way, dressing up as Meg White will be a tribute to finishing this List, and now I have to get it done by Saturday.

RATING: 5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment