Wednesday, October 21, 2020

915. Stories From the City, Stories From the Sea

Stories From the City, Stories From the Sea
P.J. Harvey
2000

















Tracks
1. Big Exit
2. Good Fortune
3. A Placed Called Home
4. One Line
5. Beautiful Feeling
6. The Whores Hustle And The Hustlers Whore
7. This Mess We're In
8. You Said Something
9. Kamikaze
10. This Is Love
11. Horses In My Dreams
12. We Float
13. This Wicked Tongue

This is actually the PJ Harvey I was familiar with, it was the older stuff that was new to me. So I enjoyed revisiting these songs. 

Her older songs were probably a bit rougher, which may lead some to argue that she's become too polished and lost her edge. But I really enjoyed this album. Also, I am so here for the tea on her breakup with Nick Cave. Ahem, but that's clearly irrelevant to the music...

She's just a really cool chick and every album she's created has been a delight.

RATING: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment