Wednesday, October 21, 2020

916. Mama's Gun

Mama's Gun
Erykah Badu
2000

















Tracks
1. Penitentiary Philosophy
2. Didn't Cha Know
3. My Life
4. ... & On
5. Cleva
6. Hey Sugah
7. Booty
8. Kiss Me On My Neck (Hesi)
9. A.D. 2000
10. Orange Moon
11. I'm In Love With You
12. Bag Lady
13. Time's A Wastin'
14. Green Eyes

We just had two five star albums in a row, which might be unprecedented. This one isn't quite as great as the previous two entries, but it's still impressive.

Erykah Badu has a good sense of humor. It took me awhile to click with her vocals, but eventually I saw the light and really got into her unique sound. She mixes funk, soul, R&B, and hip hop together to create something unusual. It could have easily been too much, but it was actually pretty effective. A few of the songs overstayed their welcome, but overall the quality was consistent.

I'll definitely want to check out more of Badu once I have attained my liberty from this List. 

RATING: 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment