Saturday, October 24, 2020

945. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Wilco
2002
















Tracks
1. I Am Trying to Break Your Heart
2. Kamera
3. Radio Cure
4. War on War
5. Jesus, Etc.
6. Ashes of American Flags
7. Heavy Metal Drummer
8. I'm the Man Who Loves You
9. Pot Kettle Black
10. Poor Places
11. Reservations


I thought it would be impossible to top Mermaid Avenue, but somehow Wilco manages to pull it off here. They have a good blend of experimental influences and pop driven sensibilities. 

Some might argue they are too poppy here, but I actually really enjoyed it. I particularly liked "Kamera" which had a great hook. "Jesus, Etc," was also very catchy. Wilco really excels with their lyrics, and for me they were the highlight of the album.

Wilco is always a good antidote to a bad day. And they might help me remember my radio codes.

RATING: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment