Wednesday, October 28, 2020

978. Medulla

Medulla
Bjork
2004










Tracks
1. Pleasure Is All Mine
2. Show Me Forgiveness
3. Where Is The Line
4. Vökuró
5. Öll Birtan
6. Who Is It (Carry My Joy On The Left, Carry My Pain On The Right)
7. Submarine
8. Desired Constellation
9. Oceania
10. Sonnets/Unrealities XI
11. Ancestors
12. Mouth's Cradle
13. Midvikudags
14. Triumph Of A Heart

Finally a concept album where I am interested in the concept. Bjork makes an album that is almost entirely composed of human voices, without any instrumentals. Which would be interesting even if the execution wasn't great.

Fortunately, it's Bjork so it turned out really well. I will always find her voice fascinating, and making it the focal point of the album was a great idea.

Our last Bjork album on the List, and I am much more sad to see her go than Morrissey. 

RATING: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment