Sunday, October 25, 2020

949. A Rush of Blood to the Head

A Rush of Blood to the Head
Coldplay
2002










Tracks
1. Politik
2. In My Place
3. God Put A Smile Upon Your Face
4. The Scientist
5. Clocks
6. Daylight
7. Green Eyes
8. Warning Sign
9. A Whisper
10. A Rush Of Blood To The Head
11. Amsterdam

I think we can all agree that Coldplay got worse as the years passed. Maybe there is some disagreement about when that decline took place. But a strong case could be made for this album. 

Once again, I am irritated by the entire vibe of this band, which is very self righteous. But the cockiness isn't diluted here by great music, this was mediocre at best. If I had to pick a favorite track, I suppose it would be "Clocks" but even that wasn't particularly impressive.

Parachutes was good, this was not. I'm not sure why the List deemed this essential listening. One album from this band was enough.

RATING: 2/5


No comments:

Post a Comment