Tuesday, October 27, 2020

967. Boy in da Corner

Boy in da Corner
Dizzee Rascal
2003











Tracks
1. Sittin' Here
2. Stop Dat
3. I Luv U
4. Brand New Day
5. 2 Far
6. Fix Up, Look Sharp
7. Cut 'Em Off
8. Hold Ya Mouf (Feat. God's Gift)
9. Round We Go (Ain't No Love)
10. Jus' A Rascal
11. Wot U On?
12. Jezebel
13. Seems 2 Be
14. Live O
15. Do It!

Well, that was aggressive. Not necessarily in subject matter, but those beats felt like they were coming for me. But that might be my album madness talking.

I actually liked Dizzee Rascal before this, and my good will survived this listening experience. Yes, it was a little irritating, but there was so much dark energy behind the album that it was difficult not to get swept up in the sound.

And it's cool to hear a UK rapper, especially when he pulls in garage and rock elements. 

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment