Thursday, October 22, 2020

919. Welcome to the Afterfuture

Welcome to the Afterfuture
Mike Ladd
2000





















Tracks
1. 5000 Miles West of the Future
2. Airwave Hysteria
3. Planet 10
4. Takes No More Than 41
5. Bladerunners
6. No.1 Street
7. To the Moon's Contractor
8. I Feel Like 100 Dollars
9. The Animist
10. Red Eye to Jupiter (Starship Nigga)
11. Welcome to the Afterfuture
12. Wipe Out On the Wave of Armageddon
13. Feb.4'99 (For All Those Killed by Cops)

So after Common's Like What For Chocolate, we get another hip hop album. I think this was worse, even though I wasn't a huge fan of the last entry. Mike Ladd doesn't have much of a personality, or it doesn't translate in this album.

I think he was going for a really dark feel to the album, but it ended up just being kind of dull. I guess there were some electronica elements that might be interesting to some people, but they weren't that fascinating to me.

Even with all his predictions, I doubt he saw 2020 coming.

RATING: 2/5


No comments:

Post a Comment