Wednesday, October 28, 2020

977. You Are The Quarry

You Are The Quarry
Morrissey
2004
















Tracks
1. America Is Not The World
2. Irish Blood, English Heart
3. I Have Forgiven Jesus
4. Come Back To Camden
5. I'm Not Sorry
6. The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores
7. How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel?
8. The First Of The Gang To Die
9. Let Me Kiss You
10. All The Lazy Dykes
11. I Like You
12. You Know I Couldn't Last

Morrissey is true to form in this album, as an unbearably self righteous whiner. According to "America Is Not The World" he will only deign to speak to Americans if we have a female, black, or gay president. Well, we've since checked one of the boxes, but you probably still don't want to talk to us yet.

He's not the worst lyricist, but the character he takes on his music is so obnoxious that you're tempted to disagree with whatever he says on principle. The music feels secondary to the irritating, holier than thou purpose behind it. 

I've relieved that we've finally reached the last Morrissey album.  He is criminally over represented on this List.

RATING: 2/5

1 comment:

  1. I don't like any of the song titles. That turns me off.

    ReplyDelete