Saturday, October 24, 2020

944. Power in Numbers

Power in Numbers
Jurassic 5
2002

















Tracks
1. This Is
2. Freedom
3. If You Only Knew
4. Break
5. React
6. A Day At The Races
7. Remember His Name
8. What's Golden
9. Thin Line
10. After School Special
11. High Fidelity
12. Sum Of Us
13. DDT
14. One Of Them
15. Hey
16. I Am Somebody
17. Acetate Prophets

I think Common's Like Water for Chocolate was the last hip hop album I could stand, so I was grateful this came along. They are everything that mainstream hip hop in 2002 isn't. 

Instead of misogynistic preening, we are treated to a really intelligent and well-crafted album. I particularly enjoyed "One of Them" where they express their distaste for gangsta rap. They are reminiscent of A Tribe Called Quest without being a copy.

So a mellow, thoughtfully written album. Will definitely need to check them out more AL (after List).

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment