Wednesday, October 28, 2020

981. Penance Soiree

Penance Soiree
Icarus Line
2004












Tracks
1. Up Against The Wall Motherfucker
2. Spit On It
3. On The Lash
4. Caviar
5. Spike Island
6. Kiss Like Lizards
7. Getting Bright At Night
8. Big Sleep
9. White Devil
10. Meatmaker
11. Virgin Velcro
12. Sea Sick
13. Party The Baby Off

Icarus Line gives us an interesting rock album that is on theme with our current trend. I feel like rock music in the early 2000s wasn't really trying to be too innovative. They just want to capture the sounds of older bands. 

This makes for entertaining albums, even if they aren't revolutionary works of art. It does drag on a bit longer than I'd like with nine or six minute tracks, but it didn't ruin the album for me.

I had never heard of Icarus Line before. I don't know if I will be revisiting them, but I'm glad the List introduced us.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment