Wednesday, October 28, 2020

975. Want One

Want One
Rufus Wainwright
2003

















Tracks
1. Oh What A World
2. I Don't Know What It Is
3. Vicious World
4. Movies Of Myself
5. Pretty Things
6. Go Or Go Ahead
7. Vibrate
8. 14th Street
9. Natasha
10. Harvester Of Hearts
11. Beautiful Child
12. Want
13. 11:11
14. Dinner At Eight

I was only familiar with a couple songs that Rufus Wainwright had covered, so I was pleased to explore more of his work. Wainwright is clearly a very emotionally intelligent songwriter, and there wasn't a bad song on the album. 

I could how his voice might grate for some people, but I really enjoyed it and thought it suited his songs well. Each track was unique but still paid tribute to the central mood of the album. My favorite song is probably "I Don't Know What It Is" but it's a really tough call.

A fairly heavy and emotional album, so gird your loins.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment