Monday, October 26, 2020

952. Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots

Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
Flaming Lips
2002
















Tracks
1. Fight Test
2. One More Robot/Sympathy 3000-21
3. Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots Part 1
4. Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots Part 2
5. In The Morning Of The Magicians
6. Ego Tripping At The Gates Of Hell
7. Are You A Hypnotist??
8. It's Summertime
9. Do You Realize??
10. All We Have Is Now
11. Approaching Pavonis Mons By Balloon (Utopia Planitia)

Flaming Lips has been making headlines, as they performed a concert where the audience and musicians were all in separated in plastic bubbles. I have always wanted to go Zorbing, but I don't think a Flaming Lips concert is where I want to make my debut.

So this music sounds different, but not because it is particularly new. It's just nobody's played this style of music since Genesis. But hipsters will enjoy this throwback to prog rock and I'm sure will roll their way to whatever venue Flaming Lips visits.

I guess Flaming Lips is shaping the future of music, and that makes me a little uncomfortable.

RATING: 3/5




No comments:

Post a Comment