Sunday, August 30, 2020

765. Brutal Youth

Brutal Youth
Elvis Costello
1994



Tracks
1. Pony Street
2. Kinder Murder
3. 13 Steps Lead Down
4. This Is Hell
5. Clown Strike
6. You Tripped At Every Step
7. Still Too Soon To Know
8. 20% Amnesia
9. Sulky Girl
10. London's Brilliant Parade
11. My Science Fiction Twin
12. Rocking Horse Road
13. Just About Glad
14. All The Rage
15. Favourite Hour

I really love Elvis Costello and thought we were done with him on the List. I was delighted to see this one, but now I really think we are done. I hope I'm wrong again.

The best songs in this album were "This is Hell" and "Sulky Girl" which are both intensely relatable, at least for me (a sulky girl living in 2020). I love his vocals, he is an excellent lyricist, and there's not a bad track on the album.

Critics of Elvis Costello (can you believe such creatures exist?) complain that this is just more of the same, but when the same is this good, I don't think you don't need to change anything. 

RATING: 5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment