Monday, August 24, 2020

752. Doggystyle

Doggystyle
Snoop Doggy Dogg
1993











Tracks
1. Bathtub
2. G Funk (Intro)
3. Gin And Juice
4. Shiznit
5. Lodi Dodi
6. Murder Was the Case
7. Serial Killa
8. Who Am I (What's My Name)?
9. For All My Niggaz & Bitches
10. Ain't No Fun (If The Homies Can't Have None)
11. Doggy Dogg World
12. GZ And Hustlas
13. Pump Pump

Yawn. Yet ANOTHER gangsta rap album that is demeaning towards women, more commonly known as bitches and hoes. And it's not shocking, groundbreaking, or brave. Misogyny is old, old, old.

I will point out the things that made this album different for me. I like the funk samples, and Snoop Dogg's delivery. He really takes his time with his lyrics and seems completely at ease throughout the album. Which I am sure he was.

I'm just bored with these albums. I feel like the List has represented this genre well enough, can we please move on? Preferably with a large helping of Bjork?

RATING: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment