Tuesday, August 18, 2020

731. Henry's Dream

Henry's Dream
Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds
1992










Tracks
1. Papa Won't Leave You Henry
2. I Had A Dream Joe
3. Straight To You
4. Brother My Cup Is Empty
5. Christina The Astonishing
6. When I First Came To Town
7. John Finns' Wife
8. Loom Of The Land
9. Jack The Ripper

I know some music lovers will scoff if I compare Nick Cave to Taylor Swift, but really, I think you should admire my restraint in not mentioning her every post since the release of folklore. Anyway, this reminded me of Taylor Swift in how cohesive it felt. It's like the entire album has a singular vibe, even though there is a wide range of songs tackling different subjects.

It's hard to point to a favorite track, but it might just be "Jack the Ripper" which, admittedly frightened me a little bit. But that's part of Cave's charm.

Unlike some of the previous entries on this List, this album also didn't scream 90s. It had a timeless, rather than a dated, feeling. A welcome addition to the List, considering the rut we have been in lately.

RATING: 5/5







No comments:

Post a Comment