Friday, August 7, 2020

712. Your Arsenal

Your Arsenal
Morrissey
1992


Tracks
1. You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side
2. Glamorous Glue
3. We'll Let You Know
4. National Front Disco
5. Certain People I Know
6. We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
7. You're The One For Me Fatty
8. Seasick Yet Still Docked
9. I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday
10. Tomorrow

Well, that was a mixed bag. On the one hand, some of the songs were quite catchy. On the other hand, the lyrics are a weird blend of preaching and making fun of fat people (I can hear people saying, "No, he's saying he likes fat people" which is the kind of passive aggressive douchebaggery that I've come to expect from this man). The Smiths and Morrissey are really over exposed on this List.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed songs on this album, but some of the tracks were just irritating. Like "We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful" was annoying and his nationalism is particularly grating. He might think "England is for the English" but that's not going to stop me from looting the country for custard creams whenever I'm in Europe.

Not the worst entry on the List by any means, but still mildly obnoxious.

RATING: 3/5




No comments:

Post a Comment