Sunday, August 16, 2020

727. Little Earthquakes

Little Earthquakes
Tori Amos
1992










Tracks
1. Crucify
2. Girl
3. Silent All These Years
4. Precious Things
5. Winter
6. Happy Phantom
7. China
8. Leather
9. Mother
10. Tear In Your Hand
11. Me And A Gun
12. Little Earthquakes

I think the List knew I needed this album after Ministry, and I appreciate them throwing me a bone. There is also a storm a-brewing in the form of Ice Cube and Pantera. So I'll take what I can get for right now.

I have been very impressed with the female singer/songwriters we have been experiencing lately. Amos' lyrics are clever and complex. I think this is an album that would benefit from repeated listenings, and I will definitely revisit it as part of my post Ice Cube therapy. 

Maybe I've had my head in the sand, but to me she is an underrated artist. 

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment