Thursday, August 6, 2020

711. Haut de Gamme/Koweit Rive Gauche

Haut de Gamme/Koweit Rive Gauche
Koffi Olomide
1992


Tracks
1. Papa Bonheur
2. Desespoir
3. Koweit Rive Gauche
4. Qui Cherche Trouve
5. Elixir
6. Porte-Monnaie
7. Conte De Fees
8. Obrigado
9. Dit Jeannot

Well, it's admirable that the Listmakers are trying to include non Western albums but did they have to choose this guy? Koffi Olomide has been filmed kicking a female dancer, and has been accused of raping and holding women hostage in his French villa. We just can't get it right, can we?

As an American, I rarely experience African content, particularly from the Democratic Republic of Congo (and yes, I am fully aware that reading Congo by Michael Crichton did NOT count). So it's interesting in that regard, but this didn't actually sound that original to me. I know I missed the meaning of the songs. Truthfully, I am not even sure what language this is. French? Portuguese? I really don't know.

So, much like Koffi's jail time for statutory rape, this is entirely skippable.

RATING: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment