Friday, August 14, 2020

724. Dirty

Dirty
Sonic Youth
1992










Tracks
1. 100%
2. Swimsuit Issue
3. Theresa's Sound-World
4. Drunken Butterfly
5. Shoot
6. Wish Fulfillment
7. Sugar Kane
8. Orange Rolls, Angel's Spit
9. Youth Against Fascism
10. Nic Fit
11. On The Strip
12. Chapel Hill
13. JC
14. Purr
15. Creme Brulee

When I started this album, I thought Sonic Youth was moving to a more mainstream sound. Then I heard "Drunken Butterfly" and thought maybe not. 

I think I am warming up to grunge, which took me a little while. There is definitely a line between noise and music that Sonic Youth tends to cross frequently. I could do without the feedback, but I do like their vocals and lyrics.

So another decent album and hopefully this streak will continue.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment