Friday, August 21, 2020

736. Siamese Dream

Siamese Dream
Smashing Pumpkins
1993











Tracks
1. Cherub Rock
2. Quiet
3. Today
4. Hummer
5. Rocket
6. Disarm
7. Soma
8. Geek U.S.A.
9. Mayonaise
10. Spaceboy
11. Silverfuck
12. Sweet Sweet
13. Luna

I feel like people either love or hate the Smashing Pumpkins, so of course I have to be contrarian and say "they're okay, I guess." 

Which is to say I understand why the lead vocalist would irritate some listeners with his whininess. On the other hand, we haven't had a shoegazing album in awhile and I enjoyed the fresh take on the genre. I felt like they pulled in a lot of different influences here, from Pink Floyd to Led Zeppelin.

So a pretty good album coming from a band I'm still not sure I like. 

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment