Wednesday, August 12, 2020

720. Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde

Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde
The Pharcyde
1992





Tracks
1. 4 Better Or 4 Worse
2. Oh Shit
3. It's Jiggaboo Time
4. 4 Better Or 4 Worse
5. I'm That Type Of Nigga
6. If I Were President
7. Soul Flower
8. On The DL
9. Pack The Pipe
10. Officer
11. Ya Mama
12. Passing Me By
13. Otha Fish
14. Quinton's On The Way
15. Pack The Pipe
16. Return Of The B-Boy

Admittedly, this was better than Dr. Dre's The Chronic, but then again, what isn't? Of course, there is an entire track dedicated to Ya Mama jokes, so it's not what I would consider a significant improvement. 

Same old, same old. More misogyny with fairly childish lyrics. According to a friend of mine, "there is a time and place for misogyny and it's in hip hop music." I walked away so my head wouldn't explode all over the carpet. 

I guess I enjoyed the jazz elements in there, and at least the sampling wasn't tacky. But A Tribe Called Quest is much better.


RATING: 2/5









No comments:

Post a Comment