Thursday, August 13, 2020

722. Copper Blue

Copper Blue
Sugar
1992


Tracks
1. Act We Act
2. Good Idea
3. Changes
4. Helpless
5. Hoover Dam
6. Slim
7. If I Can't Change Your Mind
8. Fortune Teller
9. Slick
10. Man On The Moon

I was talking to my friends about music and mentioned Sugar, and by extension Husker Du, and I was accused of making up words/band names. Of course, because I have the intellectual confidence of a blueberry scone, I immediately began to doubt that these bands did in fact exist. Turns out they're not a figment of my imagination after all. 

I actually enjoyed this more than Husker Du; I guess Bob Mould is going for a more mainstream sound now. It reminded me of the Pixies, which is definitely a good thing. Each song is pretty catchy (my favorite being "Man on the Moon"), and there's really not a bad track on the album.

So I'm very glad this band turned out to be real and not a quarantine inspired delusion. 

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment