Wednesday, August 5, 2020

710. 3 Years, 5 Months, and 2 Days in the Life of Arrested Development

3 Years, 5 Months, and 2 Days in the Life of Arrested Development
Arrested Development
1992

















Tracks
1. Man's Final Frontier
2. Mama's Always On Stage
3. People Everyday
4. Blues Happy
5. Mr Wendel
6. Children Play With Earth
7. Raining Revolution
8. Fishin' For Religion
9. Give A Man A Fish
10. U
11. Eve Of Reality
12. Natural
13. Dawn Of The Dreads
14. Tennessee
15. Washed Away
16. People Everyday (Metamorphosis Mix)

I know I have complained about how many hip hop albums are on this List, but I actually enjoyed this one. At least they are doing something different with their sound; it's all the West Coast hip hop albums I can't stand.

One big difference is that Arrested Development weren't seething. Some of their tracks were quite cheerful. It was actually a cool blend of R&B and an alternative hip hop sound. I particularly enjoyed "Mr. Wendel." There hasn't been such a cheerful hip hop song since De La Soul's 3 Feet High and Rising.

Maybe not something I want to listen to on repeat, but a nice change of pace. 

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment