Sunday, August 9, 2020

714. It's a Shame About Ray

It's a Shame About Ray
Lemonheads
1992


Tracks
1. Rockin' Stroll
2. Confetti
3. It's A Shame About Ray
4. Rudderless
5. My Drug Buddy
6. Turnpike Down
7. Bit Part
8. Alison's Starting To Happen
9. Hannah And Gabi
10. Kitchen
11. Ceiling Fan In My Spoon
12. Frank Mills
13. Mrs Robinson

I would be forgiving of most albums if they came with a cover of Mrs. Robinson. Thankfully, this is a great album and the Mrs. Robinson cover might actually be its weakest spot.

This was just a pure joy to listen to. The songs were light and catchy. Lyrically, I haven't seen such an impressive album in a long time. Each song was punchy and undemanding.

Most artists can't resist overstaying their welcome, but this album is only a half hour long. It left me wanting more, which is exactly what you want from any work of art. 

RATING: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment