Saturday, August 22, 2020

743. Emergency on Planet Earth

Emergency on Planet Earth
Jamiroquai
1993

















Tracks
1. When You Gonna Learn (Digeridoo)
2. Too Young To Die
3. Hooked Up
4. If I Like It I Do It
5. Music Of The Mind
6. Emergency On Planet Earth
7. Whatever It Is I Just Can't Stop
8. Blow Your Mind
9. Revolution 1993
10. Didgin' Out

I didn't think acid jazz was the genre for me, so I was surprised by how much I genuinely enjoyed this. That's not to say the ten minute long tracks didn't feel excessive, but I enjoyed a lot of this, particularly "Too Young To Die" and "Emergency on Planet Earth."

The lyrics were pretty standard hippy fare, and didn't stand out much but the energy behind the vocals was fun and infectious. It at least powered me through most of my closet cleaning, although I have to admit the process is getting demoralizing (what happens to all my socks? And perhaps more alarmingly, what happens to all my underwear?). 

A fun, light hearted album that is difficult not to enjoy.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment