Tuesday, August 4, 2020

708. Slanted and Enchanted

Slanted and Enchanted
Pavement 
1992

















Tracks
1. Enter Sandman
2. Sad But True
3. Holier Than Thou
4. The Unforgiven
5. Wherever I May Roam
6. Don't Tread On Me
7. Through The Never
8. Nothing Else Matters
9. Of Wolf And Man
10. The God That Failed
11. My Friend Of Misery
12. The Struggle Within

Welcome to 1992! New year, new me, and hopefully 1992 won't be bogged down with too many hip hop and heavy metal albums. Hey, a girl can dream, can't she? 

This is actually a great kick off to the year. Pavement has a unique sound that seems to combine light grunge with an older style that reminded me of Television. There are many albums from this decade that sound incredibly dated; this is not one of them.

So a pretty unexpected treat and I hope we hear more from this band in the future.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment