Sunday, August 23, 2020

747. Tuesday Night Music Club

Tuesday Night Music Club
Sheryl Crow
1993










Tracks
1. Run, Baby, Run
2. Leaving Las Vegas
3. Strong Enough
4. Can't Cry Anymore
5. Solidify
6. The Na-Na Song
7. No One Said It Would Be Easy
8. What I Can Do For You
9. All I Wanna Do
10. We Do What We Can
11. I Shall Believe

I had never really listened to Sheryl Crow before, but I understood her to be a slightly less embarrassing version of Shania Twain. I was actually really impressed with this, and might have been selling Sheryl short over the years. Sorry Sher.

Crow doesn't have the edge of Liz Phair or PJ Harvey, which is a little disappointing, but she still comes up with plenty of quality songs here. Of course, I always prefer it when songwriters seem to really be mining their personal life for lyrics, because I am nosy like you wouldn't believe, and I don't get sense Crow does that here. I still enjoyed it; it would be an excellent road trip album. Highlights for me were definitely "Strong Enough" and "Run, Baby, Run."

Overall, a pretty great album by an underrated (by me) lady.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment