Tuesday, August 4, 2020

709. Selected Ambient Works 85-92

Selected Ambient Works 85-92
Aphex Twin
1992

















Tracks
1. Xtal
2. Tha
3. Pulsewidth
4. Ageispolis
5. i
6. Green Calx
7. Heliosphan
8. We Are The Music Makers
9. Schottkey 7th Path
10. Ptolemy
11. Hedphelym
12. Delphium
13. Actium


So this is another album that is regarded as a work of genius, but didn't do much for me, although it is super impressive that he started composing at the age of thirteen. 

Many moons ago I listened to Brian Eno's Ambient 1: Music for Airports. When I saw the title of this album I thought there was a high likelihood they would just imitate Eno. Actually, this sounded completely original. But personally, this music will always be regulated to background noise for me. I need me some lyrics to really connect with something.

Not my taste but certainly a worthy offering from the List.

RATING: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment