Sunday, August 9, 2020

715. Rage Against the Machine

Rage Against the Machine
Rage Against the Machine
1992



Tracks
1. Bombtrack
2. Killing in the Name
3. Take the Power Back
4. Settle for Nothing
5. Bullet in the Head
6. Know Your Enemy
7. Wake Up
8. Fistful of Steel
9. Township Rebellion
10. Freedom

I think this album is for teenage boys who are attempting to sort through their rage and sexual frustration. Men might like it in their later years because it reminds them of being a teenage boy, or maybe they are still attempting to sort through their rage and sexual frustration and this album helps in some way. Having never been a teenage boy, I didn't enjoy this.

I think rage at a certain point renders you incoherent. That is what this album was to me: musically incoherent. It also felt very repetitive and just plain boring.

So it didn't offend me (maybe it was trying to?), but it didn't really interest me either.

RATING: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment