Friday, August 21, 2020

739. Gentlemen

Gentlemen
The Afghan Wigs
1993










Tracks
1. If I Were Going
2. Gentlemen
3. Be Sweet
4. Debonair
5. When We Two Parted
6. Fountain And Fairfax
7. What Jail Is Like
8. My Curse
9. Now You Know
10. I Keep Coming Back
11. Brother Woodrow/Closing Prayer

I had never heard of the Afghan Whigs before, but apparently they have a fairly large cult following. This is probably not the most original album on the List, but I think they are worthy of more attention than they get.

I like the bands that pull elements of grunge into their music, while including other influences to temper the genre. Here, they pull in soul and R&B and it works really well. 

Not every track was a banger, but I liked it the more I listened to it. 

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment