Sunday, August 23, 2020

748. The Infotainment Scan

The Infotainment Scan
The Fall
1993

















Tracks
1. Ladybird (Green Grass)
2. Lost In Music
3. Glam-Racket
4. I'm Going To Spain
5. It's A Curse
6. Paranoia Man In Cheap Shit Room
7. Service
8. The League Of Bald-Headed Men
9. A Past Gone Mad
10. Light/Fireworks
11. Why Are People Grudgeful?
12. League Moon Monkey Mix

I just looked at an earlier review I had written about the Fall. Okay, so that was pretty harsh. I must have woken up on the wrong side of the casket that day. I don't have as strong as a reaction to this one. I'm not sure if I've evolved or the band has.

There are a lot of covers in this album, which I guess isn't a flaw necessarily, but it does make me feel like the Fall didn't have much to offer in way of originality on this album. I did enjoy Mark E. Smith's vocal style more this time around; it's distinct, and that's something. 

So a decent album but it didn't blow me away. The List has been spoiling me lately and now I'm feeling fussy.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment