Thursday, August 20, 2020

733. Dry

Dry
P.J. Harvey
1992










Tracks
1. Oh My Lover
2. O Stella
3. Dress
4. Victory
5. Happy and Bleeding
6. Sheela-Na-Gig
7. Hair
8. Joe
9. Plants and Rags
10. Fountain
11. Water

This is the last album of 1992 and what a whirlwind it has been. The bad (ahem Ministry) always tends to stand out a little bit more than the good (Nick Cave). Speaking of Nick Cave, I guess him and P.J. Harvey were a couple for awhile. That is so cool it hurts.

I liked Harvey before listening to this, but I had never experienced a complete album of hers. This was pretty fascinating; I admired her sultry vocals and clever lyrics. Would a Bjork comparison be completely off base? They both just have a lot of talent and a very cool aesthetic. 

Thankfully, this isn't the last of her albums on the List. We will have to remember that during our dark, heavy metal infused, moments.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment