Sunday, August 23, 2020

749. Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)

Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
Wu-Tang Clan
1993











Tracks
1. Bring Da Ruckus
2. Shame on a Nigga
3. Clan in da Front
4. Wu Tang : 7th Chamber
5. Can It Be All So Simple
6. Da Mystery of Chessboxin'
7. Wu Tang Clan Ain't Nuthing Ta F' Wit
8. C.R.E.A.M.
9. Method Man
10. Protect Ya Neck
11. Tearz
12. Wu Tang : 7th Chamber - Part II
13. Method Man (Skunk Mix)
14. Conclusion

More hardcore hip hop. This is all sounding so samey lately; I guess West Coast hip hop has taken over for good. I wish everybody had imitated De La Soul instead.

Thankfully, this album did a few cool things which made it feel fresh. Yes, it was the same style of self aggrandizing lyrics which is never particularly interesting to me, especially when it involves ass torture. But I liked the low-fi production and at least the martial arts gimmick was original. 

I also liked all the pop culture references they made in between boast seshes. Will never be my favorite style of music, but this was more bearable than some other hip hop entries on this List.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment