Sunday, August 9, 2020

713. Lam Toro

Lam Toro
Baaba Maal
1992


Tracks
1. Hamady Boiro (Yelle)
2. Daande Lenol
3. Lem Gi (Le Miel)
4. Ndelorel
5. Yela
6. Toro (Tioulel l'Oiseau)
7. Daniibe (Les Exilés)
8. Olel (I'écho)
9. Sy Sawande
10. Hamady Bogle


I am finding out that I like Senegalese music, which is something I never would discovered without the help of the List. And unlike Koffi Olomide, as far as I know Baaba Maal has never been accused of rape, so we can actually enjoy our foray into world music this time.

We've actually had a Baaba Maal album before on this List, which I also really enjoyed despite not understanding a word (although you still have to admire the vocals). It's strange, this is very different than the other 1992 music from the List but it still had a distinct 90s feel I can't explain.

So a nice, unproblematic, change of pace.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment