Sunday, August 30, 2020

763. Illmatic

Illmatic
Nas
1994



Tracks
1. The Genesis
2. N.Y. State Of Mind
3. Life's A Bitch
4. The World Is Yours
5. Halftime
6. Memory Lane (Sittin' In Da Park)
7. One Love
8. One Time 4 Your Mind
9. Represent
10. It Ain't Hard To Tell

I liked this one more than I expected to, having hardened my heart against the genre because of, you know, the constant barrage of hate speech. Then again, I still found certain tracks obnoxious, like "One Love" and "The World Is Yours."

I guess this is one of the highest praised albums of all time. I was surprised by this. It was good, but it's certainly not the most innovative hip hop albums we've had on the List. The highlights for me were "Life's a Bitch" and "Halftime."

If you are into this kind of music, you will enjoy this, and you can continue to gloat that your favorite genre seemingly takes up roughly a third of the List. 

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment