Saturday, August 22, 2020

745. Rid of Me

Rid of Me
PJ Harvey
1993











Tracks
1. Rid Of Me
2. Missed
3. Legs
4. Rub 'Till It Bleeds
5. Hook
6. Man-Size [Sextet]
7. Highway '61 Revisited
8. 50 Ft Queenie
9. Yuri-G
10. Man-Size
11. Dry
12. Me-Jane
13. Snake
14. Ecstasy

I like PJ Harvey quite a bit, but I wish she would settle on a volume. And that's the only gripe I can come up with for this album.

I really like how she seems to restrain herself, emotionally and vocally, and then lets it all out in energetic musical bursts. I also love any song that mixes anger and female sexuality. The lyrics are sexy, clever, and never dull.

PJ Harvey is just so cool, probably too cool for me, and I just really adore her music. I don't think we are hearing from her again on this List, which is a shame.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment