Saturday, August 22, 2020

740. Whatever

Whatever
Aimee Mann
1993









Tracks
1. I Should've Known
2. Fifty Years After The Fair
3. 4th Of July
4. Could've Been Anyone
5. Put Me On Top
6. Stupid Thing
7. Say Anything
8. Jacob Marley's Chain
9. Mr. Harris
10. I Could Hurt You Now
11. I Know There's A Word
12. I've Had It
13. Way Back When

I am loving this trend of fabulous female singer/songwriters. Aimee Mann isn't as caustic as Liz Phair, or as weird as Bjork, or as cool as P.J. Harvey, but I still really enjoyed this.

Mann is a very talented lyricist, and her arrangements are amazing. Actually the whole album has really impressive production quality. It almost doesn't need it, because the lyrics are so good, but the songs are very polished, without being too shiny.

We are on a really great batch of albums right now, I hope it continues. At least until I finish cleaning out my closet. 

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment