Wednesday, September 30, 2020

837. Blur

Blur
Blur
1997



Tracks
1. Beetlebum
2. Song 2
3. Country Sad Ballad Man
4. MOR
5. On Your Own
6. Theme From Retro
7. You're So Great
8. Death Of A Party
9. Chinese Bombs
10. I'm Just A Killer For Your Love
11. Look Inside America
12. Strange News From Another Star
13. Movin' On
14. Essex Dogs

Noel Gallagher has been coming for my girl Taylor Swift hard lately in an attempt to be relevant again. So now I am determined to take Blur's side in this Oasis vs. Blur feud that nobody cares about anymore. After all, the enemy of my enemy is my casual acquaintance.

I liked this album, but I didn't love it. Blur is moving away from their Britpop sound and the results are a little cluttered. I appreciate that they are innovating their music (which Oasis never did), but it did lack focus.

At the same time, there were some really enjoyable songs, particularly the first two tracks of the album. Oh, and welcome to 1997!

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment