Saturday, September 12, 2020

797. The Bends

The Bends
Radiohead
1995




Tracks
1. Planet Telex
2. The Bends
3. High And Dry
4. Fake Plastic Trees
5. Bones
6. (Nice Dream)
7. Just
8. My Iron Lung
9. Bullet Proof ... I Wish I Was
10. Black Star
11. Sulk
12. Street Spirit (Fade Out)

This is a hard album to classify. I think the most accurate comparison would be the Pixies, but the style is so distinct that you can't really equate it to anything that came before it.

My favorite part of this album was the amazing lyrical quality, but really the entire album is firing on all cylinders in terms of vocals, instrumentals, and just the raw feeling of the music. Radiohead wasn't afraid to be weird in moments, but they still remain wholly accessible. 

So far, I think it's safe to say this is the best album to come out of 1995.

RATING: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment