Sunday, September 20, 2020

813. Millions Now Living Will Never Die

Millions Now Living Will Never Die
Tortoise
1996




Tracks
1. Djed
2. Glass Museum
3. Survey
4. Taut And Tame
5. Dear Grandma And Grandpa
6. Along The Banks Of Rivers

I've heard this album described as "ground-breaking," which is strange to me. It doesn't sound particularly new, so I suppose it's deemed ground-breaking because it merges a plethora of styles from other musicians. 

Um, okay. Does that mean a track has to be 21 minutes long? Good god, man. I get it, it's supposed to be a slow burn. Maybe that excuses the first eight minutes or so. I think it was self indulgent and unoriginal. 

Just not very interesting to me and I would have been fine if this ground remained unbroken.

RATING: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment