Wednesday, September 9, 2020

785. Dookie

Dookie
Green Day
1994




Tracks
1. Burnout
2. Having A Blast
3. Chump
4. Longview
5. Welcome To Paradise
6. Pulling Teeth
7. Basket Case
8. She
9. Sassafras Roots
10. When I Come Around
11. Coming Clean
12. Emenius Sleepus
13. In The End
14. FOD

It was nice to hit an album that didn't take itself so seriously. This was just a fun bit of pop punk that sounded like the soundtrack to every 90s movie I watched as a kid.

I suppose some wet blankets would say this is a sell out, and then argue that punk shouldn't be so shiny. To them I say, "Pah. The Sex Pistols were basically One Direction." And then I would duck as they throw urine balloons at me.

So a pretty great album to end 1994 with. 1995 is sure to be a special year, as that's when yours truly appeared on the scene.

RATING: 5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment