Sunday, September 13, 2020

799. Femi Kuti

Femi Kuti
Femi Kuti
1995




Tracks
1. Wonder Wonder
2. Survival
3. Frustrations
4. Nawa (Intro)
5. Nawa
6. Plenty Nonsense
7. Stubborn Problems
8. No Shame
9. Live for Today
10. Changes

I have previously listened to albums by Femi Kuti's father, Fela Kuti, which I had completely forgotten. It's so nice having this blog so that I can always look back and see what my opinion on something was, no matter how much embarrassment said opinion causes my present self. 

From what I've read, Femi Kuti seems to be slightly less political than his father in his music, but I could be wrong about that since I don't know the language. I think this is known as Nigerian pidgin English, which isn't the easiest thing for me to understand although I did catch snatches of meaning. I still enjoyed this and I particularly liked the long instrumental bits before the vocals began.

Way to make your father proud Femi Kuti!

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment