Saturday, September 12, 2020

796. I Should Coco

I Should Coco
Supergrass
1995





Tracks
1. I'd Like To Know
2. Caught By The Fuzz
3. Mansize Rooster
4. Alright
5. Lose It
6. Lenny
7. Strange Ones
8. Sitting Up Straight
9. She's So Loose
10. We're Not Supposed To
11. Time
12. Sofa Of My Lethargy
13. Time To Go


This is another band that I didn't think I knew, but I recognized "Alright" from the cinematic masterpiece, Clueless. That association alone is enough to win my favor, but thankfully this album doesn't have to rely on its movie connections to make me like it. 

Britpop doesn't always sound fresh, but Supergrass approaches this album with such enthusiasm that they manage to make it sound new. They were clearly influenced by the Kinks and the Buzzcocks, but they sound different somehow. Maybe kinder, or more hopeful? Either way, I was totally bugging.

I am getting kind of tired of listening to Britpop, so I was pleased they brought something new to the table.

RATING: 4/5



No comments:

Post a Comment