Wednesday, September 23, 2020

820. Being There

Being There
Wilco
1996



Tracks
1. Misunderstood
2. Forget The Flowers
3. I Got You (At The End Of The Century)
4. Red Eyed And Blue
5. Was I In Your Dreams
6. Dreamer In My Dreams
7. Lonely One
8. Why Would You Wanna Live
9. Kingpin
10. Someone Else's Song
11. Outta Mind (Outta Sight)
12. Someday Soon
13. Sunken Treasure
14. Say You Miss Me
15. Hotel Arizona
16. What's The World Got In Store
17. Far Far Away
18. Monday


I have my posts labeled by year, genre, and rating. Yes, I realize I should have organized by artist name. But you can't make me go back and change it now, you're not my dad! The point is, I struggled to determine what genre label I should use for this one.

I settled on "alternative country" but I think an argument could be made this was a blues album or some thing of psychedelic rock. I really enjoyed it, with my favorite track being "Lonely One."

This is a fairly long album at 76 minutes, but oddly it didn't drag. Wilco has such a wide variety of styles that the music was constantly changing and evolving into something new. I highly doubt the same will be true of the next album, which is a 72 minute long heavy metal album. Egads.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment