Tuesday, September 29, 2020

834. The Score

The Score
The Fugees
1996




Tracks
1. Red Intro
2. How Many Mics
3. Ready Or Not
4. Zealots
5. The Beast
6. FU-GEE-LA
7. Family Business
8. Killing Me Softly With His Song
9. The Score
10. The Mask
11. Cowboys
12. No Woman, No Cry
13. Manifest/Outro
14. Fu-Gee-La (Refugee Camp Remix)
15. Fu-Gee-La (Sly & Robbie Mix)
16. Mista Mista
17. Fu-Gee-La (Refugee Camp Global Mix)

I grew up listening to this album. My older siblings would put it on in the car when they would drive me to school. Now it's even more timely. There's an entire song about how everybody wears a mask.

I think the highlight of this album is "Ready or Not" but I really enjoyed their covers too. Of course "No Woman, No Cry" is not as good as the original. It wasn't just a copy though, it was clearly a loving tribute. Okay, maybe four versions of the same track was excessive, but I enjoyed them all.  

Whenever people talk about Lauryn Hill I feel like they have to specify that she is really good female rapper. I think she's just a really good rapper.

RATING: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment